No Products in the Cart
ESSENTIALS OF MEDICAL ASTROLOGY
The Essentials of Medical astrology is the standard book on Vedic astrology which lays down detailed principles relevant to the analysis of a horoscopic chart, with disease and its various aspects as the main focus of attention. Some of the prominent features of this work are:
· Standardisation of approach to analysis of a chart related to disease.
· Use of four vargas, or divisional charts, and two dashas to ensure an accurate assessement of the chart.
· Discussion of principles of sound and unsound health.
· Indications for congenital ailments.
· An elaborate approach to ensure accurate timing of onset of disease and its outcome.
· Hints about the possible site of disease as well as the nature of disease using the significations of houses and planets, and the Drekkanas.
· A detailed account of the principles of Balarishta and Arishta- Bhanga.
· The use of such subtle principles of Vedic astrology as the twenty- second Drekkana, the sixty- fourth Navamsha, the Sarpa Drekkana and Gulika or Mandi to decide on the onset and outcome of illness.
· Classical combinations indicating some of the common ailments, and the scientific approach to application of these principles to actual horoscopic charts.